We are constantly surrounded by pop figures – in films, in music, comics, and even in gossip magazines. They are our escape from reality, our fantasies. Coins portray something opposite: the real, the everyday.
This project is a series of more than 200 pop character portraits on coins, and point the spotlight toward individual expression in opposition to massified thinking. The paint brings to the faces of kings and presidents borrowed narratives from other famous characters and unleash individual alternative stories.
• Recovered (2018, Miss Tula Trash’s Trashland, Frankfurt, Germany)
• Cook Pass Babtridge (2015, Moosey Art, Norwich, UK)
• Art in My Mouth 2 (2014, Stew Gallery, Norwich, UK)
• Katz, Eva - Think Small (Chronicle Books, 2018)
• ZEITMagazin (Germany, 2015)
• Forbes (Spain, 2015)
• UC Quarterly (USA, 2013)
• Revista Mine (Spain, 2016)
• and on many international newspapers, magazines and specialised blogs. (2013-2015)
Interviews and Online Articles
• Savvy Miniaturist Mints Pop Culture Portraits on Coins - Hyperallergic, 2014
• Malen statt zahlen - Zeit Magazin, 2015 (in german)
• Brasileiro em Frankfurt faz Arte em Moedas - Deutsche Welle, 2015 (in portuguese)
• Interview with the creator of Tales You Lose - Gazduna, 2013